Design & Product Development Assistant
We are looking for a full time Design & Product Development Assistant to join us in our spacious and light studio in central Wellington.
This role requires a thorough working knowledge of the design process, the ability to research & develop new product ideas & the skills to co-ordinate design ideas into reality.
Kowtow is a global, sustainable and ethical clothing label which has been established for 10 years. We design and manufacture 6 collections a year that are sold via stockists in NZ, Australia, USA, Europe, Asia and online. For more information please visit www.kowtowclothing.com
- Assist Head Designer in developing designs & sketches / research & prepare collection theme boards.
- Research & develop new products as directed by Head Designer.
- Collate all seasonal fabric & colour development as directed by Head Designer.
- Using CAD software, pattern-make garments from a sketch or block. Alter, check accuracy & grade patterns for sampling / production.
- Provide accurate pattern & garment specifications including Illustrator files for sampling / production.
- Assist Head Designer at garment fittings.
- Cut & construct toiles for fittings as directed by Head Designer.
- Assist with general workroom tasks, you are part of a small team and occasionally will be required to help in other areas as required.
Candidates will require
- Relevant tertiary qualification in fashion design & technology.
- Minimum 3 years full time industry experience in a fashion design workroom.
- Minimum 2 years industry experience in patternmaking, preferably on CAD system.
- Proficient in garment construction.
- Experience in developing knitwear garments preferable.
- Understanding of and ability to communicate the Kowtow aesthetic in designs.
- Mac literate especially in Illustrator & InDesign.
- Must have initiative, can juggle multiple tasks to meet deadlines & will work calmly in a fast-paced, creatively driven team environment.
Ideally you also understand what sustainability means and live a conscious lifestyle.
40 hrs per week Monday – Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
Applications closing date: 18th September 2016
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please email your cover letter, portfolio & CV with references to email@example.com