Patternmaker / Design Development
We are looking for an experienced Patternmaker with excellent technical skills in pattern manipulation, grading & garment construction, with a calm manner & exceptional time management skills.
A proven ability in design research, development & fit is required as you will working alongside our designers & expected to contribute technical & creative knowledge.
This is a varied & practical hands-on role in a fast paced, creative industry environment.
Kowtow is a global, sustainable and ethical clothing label. We present our collections each season in Copenhagen, Berlin, LA, NY, Tokyo, Melbourne and Wellington.
- Pattern-make woven & knit garments on CAD system from a sketch or block as supplied by Head Designer.
- Alter, check accuracy & grade CAD patterns reporting to Senior Patternmaker.
- Liaise with Production Manager on manufacturing requirements. Provide accurate pattern & garment specifications, including Illustrator files, for Specification / Tech Packs for submission to manufacturers.
- Assist Head Designer with research, sketching, technical & conceptual ideas to seasonal design plan.
- Cut & construct toiles. Assist Head Designer at garment fittings.
- Measure & quality control sample & bulk garments.
- Assist with general workroom tasks as required.
- Minimum 3 years industry experience in patternmaking preferably using CAD patternmaking system.
- Extensive knowledge & proven ability in garment construction. Sound understanding & experience in sampling & production processes.
- Relevant tertiary qualification including CAD pattern training.
- Demonstrate an active interest in fashion, art and trends.
- Extremely well organized.
- Must have initiative, commonsense and a good eye for detail.
- Mac literate. Proficient in Illustrator.
- This is not a graduate position.
Ideally you also understand what sustainability means and live a conscious lifestyle.
Hours: 40 hrs per week Monday – Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please email your cover letter & CV with references to email@example.com
Applications closing date: 25th June 2017