Patternmaker / Garment Technician
We are looking for an experienced Patternmaker with excellent technical skills in pattern manipulation, grading & garment construction with a calm manner & exceptional time management skills.
This is a varied & practical full time role, you will be hands-on so must have experience in garment sampling through to quality control of bulk production in a fast paced, creative industry environment.
Kowtow is a global, sustainable and ethical clothing label. We are sold via stockists in NZ, Australia, USA, Europe, Asia and online.
- Pattern-make garments on PAD system from a sketch or block as supplied by Head Designer.
- Alter, check accuracy & grade PAD patterns.
- Provide accurate pattern & garment specifications, including Illustrator files, for Specification / Tech Packs.
- Create tech packs & prepare samples for submission to manufacturers.
- Cut & construct toiles for fittings.
- Assist Designers at garment fittings.
- Measure & quality control sample & bulk garments to specifications for review by design & production.
- Responsible for receiving & recording in-house factory samples for production and design reference. Monitor sampling fabric & notion requirements & order as required.
- Ensure design archives up to date.
- Assist with general workroom tasks as required including tidying design area & care of machinery.
- Minimum 3 years industry experience in patternmaking preferably using CAD patternmaking system.
- Extensive knowledge & proven ability in garment construction. Sound understanding & experience in the production process.
- Relevant tertiary qualification including CAD pattern training.
- Extremely well organized.
- Must have initiative, commonsense and a good eye for detail.
- Mac literate.
- Proficient in Illustrator.
- This is not a graduate or design position.
Ideally you also understand what sustainability means and live a conscious lifestyle.
40 hrs per week Monday – Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
Applications closing date: 10th March 2017
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please email your cover letter & CV with references to firstname.lastname@example.org