Kowtow is looking for a senior and experienced full time production manager to be based in our Wellington workroom.
To succeed in this key role, you must have a comprehensive knowledge of garment construction, be extremely well organised, focused on getting every detail right and driven by creating & achieving deadlines.
You will work alongside our design team in a fast paced, creative environment to communicate requirements to our offshore manufacturers - maturity, patience & an understanding of design processes is vital.
- Create & manage Critical Paths ensuring sampling and production timelines are met.
- Effective & regular communication with offshore manufacturers & contractors to manage sampling & production.
- Prepare garment specification sheets & costings
- Compile, send & reconcile manufacturer orders.
- Coordinate all deliveries to & from offshore manufacturers, liase with freight companies & Dispatch Manager to ensure delivery dates meet.
- Approval all fabrics & ensure garments meet Kowtow specification requirements of quality, fit & construction.
- Fabric & notion research & ordering.
- Assess & improve work flow / set up new systems & ensure design & production teams are working to meet timelines.
- Travel to offshore manufacturer
- At least 5 years industry experience in production management & garment construction including knowledge of pattern-making & grading.
- Ability to create comprehensive & accurate garment specifications.
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Mac literate & experienced in Illustrator, Excel & Word.
- Excellent attention to detail, organisation skills & be system orientated with a proven ability to meet specific, time sensitive deadlines.
- Positive, reliable and flexible with a can-do attitude to go above & beyond your job description when required.
- Offshore production experience is an advantage but not essential.
- Ideally you also understand what sustainability means and live a conscious lifestyle.
Full - time, Monday - Friday
Applications will only be accepted in writing, by email to email@example.com.
Please include a cover letter & detailed CV.
All applicants must be New Zealand residents.
Applications close 18th May 2016.
Interviews are scheduled 19/20th May.
Kowtow is a global, sustainable and ethical clothing label. We design and manufacture seasonal collections that are sold via retailers in NZ, Australia, USA, Europe, Asia and online. For more information please visit www.kowtowclothing.com